Learn five simple, yet effective exercises to strengthen your rotator cuff!
Climbing requires strong shoulders, yet few climbers do exercises to specifically target the four rotator cuff muscles. In this video, Eric Hörst demonstrates five simple, but effective exercises that every serious boulderer, indoor climber, and sport climber should do two or three days per week. The time investment is minimal (only 10 minutes!), but the benefits include reduced injury risk and stronger climbing!
Subscribe to the Training4Climbing YouTube channel to view other training videos.
Hörst 10-Minute Rotator Cuff Training Routine
1. Dynamic warm-up of the rotator cuff (2 minutes)
2. Standing External Rotation — 15 to 20 reps (45 seconds)
3. Lying External Rotation – 15 to 20 reps (45 seconds)
4. Reverse Fly – 15 to 20 reps (45 seconds)
5. Dumbbell Scaption – 15 to 20 reps (45 seconds)
6. Lying Internal Rotation – 20 reps (45 seconds)
7. Repeat exercises #2 through #6. (4 additional minutes)
Nutritional Support for Stronger, More Bullet-Proof Shoulders
To enhance your shoulder strengthening (or rehab), consume a serving of Supercharged Collagen 30 to 60 minutes beforehand. This research-proven strategy will increase collagen synthesis in the connective tissues, thus supporting tendon remodeling and strengthening in the highly strained and frequently-injured rotator cuff. Learn more at PhysiVantage.com
Copyright © 2000–2023 Eric J. Hörst | All Rights Reserved.